Working for the USBE is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best-of-breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base and associated reporting applications and reports. We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team. In this position you design processes, manage infrastructure and maintain configurations to support development teams and business operations.
The Utah State Board of Education (USBE) is working on a comprehensive modernaization initiative to replce our legacy systems, referred to as the Utah Schools Informtio Management System (USIMS).
- Implement and maintain CI/CD processes to support development teams
- Implement and maintain Configuration Management with Ansible, Puppet, Consul or similar applications on both Linux and Windows servers
- Implement and maintain application monitoring tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics, Datadog, Nagios, Zabbix or similar
- Establish monitoring metrics and notifications to rapidly respond to system issues
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Guide development teams in establishing key performance benchmarks and monitoring for applications
- Identify potential security and performance issues for infrastructure and applications
- Design, develop and implement tooling and processes to automate infrastructure provisioning for on-premise VMware and cloud-based resources
- Develop Proof of Concepts for new automation initiatives
- Handle code deployments as needed for all environments
- Work with development teams and business operations to establish change management processes
- Support code versioning tools (Git)
- Setup and configure Load Balancers, Firewalls, DNS, SSL and network connectivity to support software systems
- Provide documentation and information to stakeholders as needed
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, engineering, software engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience with the ability to support development teams through migration to and maintenance of CI/CD processes. Explain how you have helped development teams implement CI/CD processes.
- Candidate must demonstrate previous experience with software development, cloud software development, serverless applications, infrastructure development, or development and operations, including Scrum/Kanban/scaled agile.
- Candidate must demonstrate experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016, Microsoft .NET Core, configuration management, and on prem and cloud hosted containerized application environments, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to think through problems, visualize solutions and communicate the solution with the team. Give an example of a time when you had to solve a complex problem.
- Candidate must demonstrate experience in keeping up to date on best practices and have a track record of innovation. Explain why it is important to you to stay current on technology and best practices.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal form and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently. Give an example of a time when you felt overwhelmed and what you did to work through it.
Why consider consulting for Palmer Software?
Have the flexibility to discover new interests or use as a stepping stone.
Expand Your Skill Set
Gain valuable experience while working with new agencies and the most current technology.
Built-In Support System
Work alongside contractors in your same position who will help you.
Low Recruiter Fees
Hold on to more of your hard-earned money with low fees that leave you with more in your pocket.
Live and work minutes away from top-rated ski resorts, beautiful State and National Parks, and year-round outdoor recreation.
Interested in joining Palmer Software?
We look forward to working with you.